How To Install Grommets
With our grommet setting kit you can repair or install grommets to any of your fabric items. Using our kit, you can place grommets in a multitude of fabrics including sail cloth and leather. This process couldn’t be easier and it reinforces your item in addition to providing an extra tie-point. In this video, we’ll show you how to set a grommet in a tarp so you can better secure it around a woodpile or make cleaning up a snap!
Materials and Instructions
- Choose placement for grommet and choose the appropriate bit for your grommet size
- Punch a hole through your fabric using a mallet and the bit
- Set the raised bottom half of the grommet washer into the base jig and align in the hole you punched
- Assemble the setting bit and place top half of grommet washer onto raised cylinder of the bottom grommet
- Using the mallet and the setting bit, tap until the grommet is well seated