Job Openings at Garrett Wade
Production Designer (Remote)
Garrett Wade is seeking a Production Designer. This individual will be a member of the Marketing team who will support the Art Director to support the design and production of engaging content that tells a brand and product story. This position will develop thorough and strategic creative solutions to meet all project and marketing objectives. While this is a highly collaborative role, the expectation is to be a self-driven person who is comfortable taking ownership of projects. The candidate needs to have 2-3 years of experience in similar role and be an open and honest communicator. You will work with and support cross-functional teams to increase conversion and customer engagement.
• Supports the design of communications and layouts for all marketing channels and collateral.
• Provides digital and print production support for projects such as catalogs, mailers, product packaging, email design, web site and social assets.
• Maintains and organizes server folders — archives produced images and graphic resources.
• Develops production tools that assist with the art direction of product photography and the management of various photographers.
• Ensures brand individuality and standards in all marketing channels.
• Adheres to the production schedule, timelines and deliverables.
• Works collaboratively with cross functional partners to ensure that all solutions meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Production, or related field.
• 2–3 years of professional experience.
• Demonstrate basic design principles and skills in typography, layout, hierarchy, and branding.
• Have professional-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator & Acrobat.
• Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent attention to detail and organization.
• Have a good eye for engaging photography.
• Have a sense of humor and a strong interest in “making” things.
• Additional skill with animation or motion graphics would be a plus, but not required.
Please submit the following:
• Link to online portfolio and/or a PDF of 8-12 portfolio samples
To apply please email us your resume. Please job you are applying for in subject line. Please do not call.
Who we are
Garrett Wade was founded in 1975 and specializes in high quality hand tools sourced from around the world. We have a rich history of innovation and we are the go-to place for the best woodworking, gardening and shop tools. We sell through our print catalog as well as website. Our office is located in DUMBO, Brooklyn.